Movie trivia: How well do you know these horror classics?
Get in the eerie mood of the season and see if you can answer these questions about famous horror movies of years gone by:
Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. Which actress played Rosemary in the famous horror film, "Rosemary's Baby"?
A. Jane Fonda
B. Mia Farrow
C. Tuesday Weld
D. Sharon Tate
2. Which of these movies did not include a scary shower/bathtub scene?
A. "The Grudge"
C. "The Shining"
D. "A Nightmare on Elm Street"
3. What does Linda Blair's character NOT do to scare others in "The Exorcist"?
A. Curse in a high pitched and scratchy female voice
B. Spin her head all the way around
C. Throw pea green soup at people
D. Violently shake the bed
4. What did the star villain in "Halloween" wear?
A. Overalls and a mask
B. Mask and a chainsaw
C. Sackcloth rags
D. Doctor's uniforms
5. What did the director of "The Omen" do to the child actor to make him fit the role of Damien better?
A. Put him on a small diet to make him thinner
B. Dyed his hair black
C. Put him through voice coaching lessons
D. made the child wear dark black contacts
Movie trivia answers
1. B. While Fonda, Weld and Tate were all considered for the role, Farrow had wide television media exposure and was Frank Sinatra's wife at the time, giving her even wider public fame.
2. C. in "The shining," Jack Nicholson's character confronts the bathroom attendant and finds out that his son has a talent that he will use against Nicholson's character, but he is not in the tub or shower.
3. A. Blair's character does all of these things, but when she curses and blasphemes, she does so in a male voice that was dubbed by producers. The revelation that much of her part in the movie used a prop or dubbing cost her what many thought would result in an Academy Award.
4. A. The character of Michael Myers infamously wore overalls and a mask when he attacked his victims using everything from blades to telephone cords.
5. B. Actor Harvey Stephens played Damien. Director Richard Donner had Stephens' naturally blonde hair dyed black to make him appear more sinister.
Top horror movies
1. "Psycho" (1960)
2. "Alien" (1979)
3. "The Shining" (1980)
4. "Diabolique" (1955)
5. "The Thing" (1982)
6. "Rosemary's Baby" (1968)
7. "The Exorcist" (1973)
8. "The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari" (1920)
9. "Frankenstein" (1931)
10. "Nosferatu, eine Symphonie des Grauens" (1922)
11. "Faust" (1926)
12. "Werckmeister Harmonies" (2000)
13. "Bride of Frankenstein" (1935)
14. "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" (1956)
15. "Dawn of the Dead" (1978)
16. "Night of the Living Dead" (1968)
17. "Ghost Stories" (1964)
18. "What ever Happened to Baby Jane?" (1962)
19. "Onibaba" (1964)
20. "Shaun of the Dead" (2004)