People & Entertainment: Bus driver says she traded blows with actor Matthew Fox
Posted: 12:00 AM
LOS ANGELES – Actor Matthew Fox has been accused of assault by Cleveland charter bus driver Heather Bormann, a 29-year-old mother of three.
Fox was detained by police early Sunday morning, although not arrested, after he allegedly started swinging at Bormann when she refused to let him board the privately chartered bus she was driving. She finally fought back, hitting him in the face and drawing blood.
"But by the time I got home, it was all tears," Bormann told the Cleveland Plain-Dealer. "He really scared the crap out of me."
Her complaint, which CNN said is being investigated by the Cleveland prosecutor's office, could lead to an assault charge against the "Lost" actor.
Bormann told the Plain-Dealer that she had been chatting with two of her 17 bachelor-party passengers when Fox allegedly attempted to get on the bus. When she stopped him, he hit her in the legs, chest and crotch, she said.
Then she punched back, sending Fox stumbling backward into a fence, she told the paper. He wiped the blood from his mouth, flicked it to the ground and then attacked her again, she said.
Three men came to her aid, Bormann said. An off-duty police officer who was working security at the Shooters bar near where she was parked detained the actor, eventually sending him home in a taxi with a friend.
"He smelled like a liquor cabinet — like a bar," Bormann told People magazine on Tuesday.
And baby makes three for actress Milano
LOS ANGELES — Alyssa Milano is a new mom.
A publicist for the 38-year-old actress said Milano gave birth to a 7-pound baby boy Wednesday morning: Milo Thomas Bugliari.
It's the first child for Milano and husband David Bugliari. She wrote on her Twitter page Wednesday that her heart "has tripled in size" with love.
Milano starred in TV's "Who's the Boss?" and "Charmed" and can next be seen on screen in the ensemble comedy "New Year's Eve."
Bugliari is an agent with Creative Artists Agency.Never-heard musings of Jackie coming to TV
NEW YORK – An ABC special with never-before-heard interviews with Jacqueline Kennedy will air Sept. 13.
Viewers will hear the former first lady speak with historian Arthur Schlesinger Jr. about life in the White House and with her husband, President John F. Kennedy. The recordings were made months after the president's 1963 assassination and sealed until now.
Originally planned for one hour, the special will now fill two hours in prime time and feature Diane Sawyer's interview with the couple's daughter, Caroline Kennedy.
The ABC special is timed to coincide with the publication of a book about the interviews. Jackie Kennedy died in 1994 at age 64.
Gibson deal calls for truce
LOS ANGELES – Mel Gibson will pay $750,000 to his ex-girlfriend and continue to provide housing and financial support for their daughter to resolve a bitter legal fight that followed sexist, racist rants attributed to the actor.
The settlement disclosed Wednesday is intended to end the bickering and accusations that have permeated the case handled in mostly secret proceedings for more than a year. Gibson's payments to Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva are dependent on a lasting truce.
As part of the agreement, their daughter will receive support equal to what the actor-director provides for his other seven children.
They will share custody of the girl, who turns 2 in late October.– From news service reports